Aimee Ritter, President, Marengo Park District Foundation
Bob Botts, Executive Director of M.O.R.E
Lea Damisch, Superintendent of Schools, Marengo-Union Elementary CSD # 165
(Editor’s Note: Part 4 is a continuation from the August issue on the history of public education). One of these great reformers, Horace Mann, started a publication entitled The Common School Journal.
Amanda Seago, Executive Directo Marengo Main Street, Inc.
Leaves are changing colors, squirrels are gathering food for winter, and Marengo’s Saturday Night on Main Street is filling downtown with people of all ages. This year, we are bringing back the food and fun, with an incredible line-up for the entertainment stages.
Joseph M. Hallman, Acting Chief of Police
Molly Wallner, Intern
For Shawney Damisch, having seven track and field records under her belt was just the beginning. Shawney, a Marengo resident and MCHS Class of 2011 graduate, said the Missouri State University track and field coach set two goal times for her.
Michelle Gibbons, Editor
Ed Urban, Member of the McHenry County Historical Society
This month, we are going to leave the Marengo and Union area; and as some travel guides say, go "farther afield" to Woodstock. Most McHenry County residents are familiar with the square in that city.
- Business of the Month: Hooves to Heal
- Marengo Park District Pool Morning Workout Classes for Senior Citizens
- Union Company Builds “Green” with Recycled Waste
- Marengo Resident Remembered as an Inspiration for Many
- Illinois Railway Museum
- Marengo Resident Awarded for Academic Excellence, Despite Disability
- Indian Trails Committee Donates to Marengo Police Department
- Marengo Main Street to Host Final Vision Workshop This Month
- From the Marengo Union Tourism Council
- Letter From the Mayor August 2011